Terms and conditions
Article 1 Definitions
Article 2 Identity of trader
Article 3 Applicability
Article 4 The offer
Article 5 The contract
Article 6 Right of withdrawal
Article 7 Costs in case of withdrawal
Article 8 Preclusion from right of withdrawal
Article 9 The price
Article 10 Conformity and guarantee
Article 11 Supply and implementation
Article 12 Payment
Article 13 Complaints procedure
Article 14 Disputes
Article 15 Additional or different stipulations
Article 16 Amendment to the general terms and conditions
Article 1 - Definitions
The following definitions apply in these terms and conditions:
1. Withdrawal period: the period within which the consumer can make use of his right of withdrawal;
2. Consumer: the natural person whose action is not within the course of a profession or business and who enters into an distance contract with the trader;
3. Day: calendar day;
4. Extended duration transaction: a distance contract that relates to a series of products and/or services, whereby the obligation to supply and/or purchase is spread over a period of time;
5. Durable medium: every means that enables the consumer or trader to store information that is addressed to him in person in a way that facilitates future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information;
6. Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to waive the distance contract within the withdrawal period;
7. Trader: the natural or legal person who offers products and/or services to consumers from a distance;
8. Distance contract: an contract whereby sole use is made of one or more techniques for distance communication within the framework of a system organized by the trader for the distance sale of products and/or services, up to and including the moment that the contract is concluded;
9. Technique for distance communication: means that can be used for concluding an contract, without the consumer and trader being in the same place at the same time.
Article 2 - Identity of the trader
Company name: Spotlight circusproducts
Trade names: Spotlight circusproducts / Juggle store
Registered and shop address: Staalstraat 3, 1011 JJ, Amsterdam
Opening hours: Tuesday - Saturday, from 12:00 until 17:00
Telephone number: +31 (20) 4201980
E-mail address: info(at)siliconeballs.com
Chamber of Commerce number: 33177256
VAT identification number: NL124209294B01
Article 3 - Applicability
1. These general terms and conditions apply to every offer made by trader and to every distance contract that is realised between trader and consumer.
2. Prior to the conclusion of a distance contract, the text of these general terms and conditions will be made available to consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, trader will indicate, before the distance contract is concluded, that the general terms and conditions are available for inspection at trader’s premises and that they will be sent free of charge to the consumer, as quickly as possible, at consumer’s request.
3. If the distance contract is concluded electronically, then, contrary to the previous paragraph, and before the distance contract is concluded, consumer will be provided with the text of these general terms and conditions electronically, in such a way that consumer can easily store them on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, then before concluding the distance contract, trader will indicate where the general terms and conditions can be inspected electronically and that at his request they will be sent to the consumer free of charge, either electronically or in some other way.
4. In cases where specific product or service-related terms and conditions apply in addition to these general terms and conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply by analogy and consumer can always invoke the applicable condition that is most favorable to him in the event of incompatible general terms and conditions.
Article 4 - The offer
1. If an offer is subject to a limited period of validity or is made subject to conditions, this will be explicitly mentioned in the offer.
2. The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and/or services being offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to enable the consumer to make a proper assessment of the offer. If the trader makes use of illustrations, these will be a true representation of the products and/or services being offered. Trader is not bound by obvious errors or mistakes in the offer.
3. Every offer will contain such information that makes it clear to consumer what rights and obligations are involved in accepting the offer. This includes, in particular:
- the price, including taxes;
- any costs of delivery;
- the way in which the contract shall be concluded and which actions this will require;
- whether or not the right of withdrawal applies;
- the method of payment, delivery and implementation of the contract;
- the period for accepting the offer or the period for which trader guarantees the price;
- the amount of the tariff for distance communication, if the costs of using the technique for distance communication are calculated on some other basis than the regular basic tariff for the chosen communication technique;
- if a contract is filed subsequent to its conclusion, and if so, the way in which this can be accessed by consumer;
- the way in which consumer can obtain information about the data he has provided for in the course of the contract, as well as the way he can rectify these before the contract is concluded;
- the languages in which, in addition to Dutch, the contract can be concluded;
- the behavioral codes to which trader is subject and the way in which consumer can consult these behavioral codes electronically; and
- the minimum duration of the distance contract, in the event of a contract that involves the continual or periodical supply of products or services.
Article 5 - The contract
1. The contract will be concluded, subject to that which is stipulated in paragraph 4, at the moment at which the consumer accepts the offer and the conditions thereby stipulated have been fulfilled.
2. If consumer has accepted the offer electronically, trader will immediately confirm receipt of acceptance of the offer electronically. Consumer can dissolve the contract as long as this acceptance has not been confirmed by trader.
3. If the contract is concluded electronically, trader will take suitable technical and organizational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data and he will ensure a safe web environment. If the consumer is able to pay electronically, trader will take suitable security measures.
4. Trader may obtain information – within statutory frameworks – about the consumer’s ability to fulfill his payment obligations, as well as about facts and factors that are important for the responsible conclusion of the distance contract. If that research gives trader proper grounds for declining to conclude the contract, then he has a right, supported by reasons, to reject an order or application or to bind its implementation to special conditions.
5. Together with the product or service, trader will send to consumer the following information, in writing, or in such a way that consumer can store it on an accessible durable medium:
a. the office address of trader’s business location where consumer can lodge complaints;
b. the conditions under which consumer can make use of the right of withdrawal and the method for so doing, or a clear statement relating to the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
c. information on guarantees and existing after-sales service;
d. the data included in article 4, paragraph 3 of these conditions, unless trader has already provided consumer with these prior to concluding the contract;
e. the requirements for terminating the contract, if the duration of the contract exceeds one year or is indefinite.
6. In case of a extended duration contract, the stipulation in the previous paragraph applies only to the first delivery.
Article 6 - Right of withdrawal
Upon delivery of products
1. When purchasing products, consumer has the possibility of dissolving the contract, without giving reasons, during seven (7) days. This period commences on the day after the product was received by the consumer or a representative previous designated by the consumer and announced to the trader.
2. During this period the consumer will treat the product and its packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product as far as necessary in order to be able to assess whether he wishes to retain the product. If he wishes to exercise his right of withdrawal, then he will return the product to trader, with all associated components, and – in as far as this is reasonably possible – in the original state and packaging, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions that were provided by trader.
Upon delivery of services
3. When services are supplied, a consumer has the possibility of dissolving the contract, without giving reasons, during seven (7) days, starting on the day when the contract was concluded.
4. In order to make use of his right of withdrawal, consumer will act in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions that trader provided when the offer was made and/or at the latest upon delivery.
Article 7 - Costs in a case of withdrawal
1. If consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, he shall be responsible for, at most, the costs of returning the goods.
2. If consumer has paid a sum, trader will refund this sum as quickly as possible, though at the latest within thirty (30) days after the goods were returned or after the withdrawal.
Article 8 - Preclusion from right of withdrawal
1. Trader can preclude consumer from having a right of withdrawal as far as is provided for in paragraph 2 and 3 of this article. The preclusion of the right of withdrawal is only valid if the trader clearly stated this fact when making the offer, or at least in good time prior to conclusion of the contract.
2. Preclusion from the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
a) that have been created by trader in accordance with consumer’s specifications;
b) that are clearly of personal nature;
c) that cannot be returned due to their nature;
d) that rapidly decay or become obsolete;
e) the price of which is subject to fluctuations on the financial market over which trader has no influence;
f) for individual newspapers and magazines;
g) for audio- and video-recordings and computer software, whereby the consumer has broken the seal.
3. Preclusion from the right of withdrawal is only possible for services:
a) relating to accommodation, transport, restaurant business or leisure activities to be carried out on a given date or during a given period;
b) the supply of which commenced, with the explicit consent of consumer, before the withdrawal period had lapsed;
c) relating to bets and lotteries.
Article 9 - The price
1. During the period of validity indicated in the offer, prices of products and/or services being offered will not be increased, except for price changes in VAT-tariffs.
2. Contrary to the previous paragraph, trader may offer products or services at variable prices, in cases where these prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market over which trader has no influence. The offer must refer to this link with fluctuations and the fact that any prices mentioned are recommended prices.
3. Prices stated in offers of products or services include VAT.
Article 10 - Conformity and Guarantee
1. Trader guarantees that the products and/or services fulfill the contract, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and/or serviceability and the statutory stipulations and/or government regulations that existed on the date that the contract was concluded. If agreed trader also guarantees that the product is suited for other than normal designation.
2. A guarantee arrangement offered by trader, manufacturer or importer does not affect the legal rights and claims that consumer, as a result of the contract, can enforce against trader.
Article 11 - Supply and implementation
1. Trader will take the greatest possible care when receiving and implementing orders for products and when assessing applications for the provision of services.
2. The place of delivery is deemed to be the address that consumer makes known to the company.
3. Taking into consideration that which is stated in article 4 of these general terms and conditions, the company will implement accepted orders with efficient expedition, though at the latest within 30 days, unless a longer period of delivery has been agreed. If delivery suffers a delay, or if the delivery cannot be implemented, or only partially, consumer will be informed about this at the latest thirty (30) days after the order was placed. In this case, the consumer has a right to dissolve the contract free of charge.
4. In the case of dissolution in accordance with the previous paragraph, trader will refund consumer the sum paid as quickly as possible, though at the latest within thirty (30) days after that dissolution.
5. Should delivery of a product that has been ordered prove impossible, trader will attempt to provide a replacement article. The fact that a replacement article is being supplied will be stated clearly and intelligibly, at the latest upon delivery. The right of withdrawal cannot be precluded in the case of replacement articles. The costs of return shipments will be charged to trader.
6. The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests upon trader up to the moment of delivery to consumer or a representative previously designated by consumer and announced to trader, unless this has explicitly been agreed otherwise.
Article 12 - Payment
1. As far as no other date has been agreed, sums payable by the consumer should be paid within 14 days after the start of the withdrawal period as stipulated in article 6 paragraph 1. In the case of a contract to provide a service this 14 days start on the moment the consumer receives the traders confirmation of the contract.
2. The consumer is obliged to report immediately to the trader any inaccuracies in payment data provided or stated.
3. In the event of non-payment on part of consumer, trader has the right, subject to statutory limitations, to charge consumer reasonable costs about which consumer was informed in advance.
Article 13 - Complaints procedure
1. Trader provides for a complaints procedure, that has been given sufficient publicity, and will deal with a complaint in accordance with this complaints procedure.
2. Complaints about exercising the contract must be submitted to the trader without delay, in their entirety and clearly defined, after the consumer has discovered the defects.
3. A reply to complaints submitted to the trader will be provided within a period of 14 days, calculated from the date of receipt. If it is anticipated that a complaint will require a longer processing time, then the trader will reply within 14 days, confirming receipt and indicating when the consumer can expect a more elaborate reply.
Article 14 - Disputes
1. Contracts entered into between trader and consumer and which are subject to these general terms and conditions are subject only to Dutch law.
Article 15 - Additional or different stipulations
1. Additional stipulations or stipulations that differ from these general terms and conditions, may not be detrimental to the consumer and should be recorded in writing, or in such a way that consumers can store them in a readily accessible manner on a durable medium.
Article 16 - Amendment to the general terms and conditions
1. Amendments to these terms and conditions will only come into effect after they have been published in the appropriate way, on the understanding that where amendments apply during the validity of an offer, the stipulation that is most favorable to the consumer will prevail.
2. Rights can only be derived on the basis of the Dutch version of these general terms and conditions.